Are lives and/or property in danger?
Has your electricity or gas been interrupted?
- Are there powerlines down?
- To report fallen powerlines call 000 or Energex on 13 19 62. Energex advises you stay at least 10 meters away from the fallen lines and to warn others about them. Never touch downed powerlines they could still be live and therefore deadly.
- If you have lost power or experiencing an electricity supply issue?
- If so, contact Energex on 13 62 62 or go to their website www.energex.com.au and head to their safety page for further information.
- Can you smell gas?
- Don’t panic
- Don’t light any fires
- Turn the gas appliance off
- Open doors and windows to ventilate the area
- Australian Gas Networks advise, if you can smell gas on the street or at the gas meter call Gas Leaks and Emergency services on 1800 427 532 to locate and repair the leak. If the leak is from an appliance or after the meter you should contact a licensed gas fitter to rectify the problem.
It is a good idea to be prepared in the event of a power or gas failure. For further information on this refer to your local distributors. Contact information can be found on your account under Faults and Emergencies.